Error 0xC004F050 can show up if you have the wrong Windows edition installed so please check and confirm which edition you currently have installed as this product key is for the standard Windows 11 Pro edition.
To check your Windows edition: (You can check it on the Windows activation page as well)
- Type "About your PC" in the Windows search bar
- Scroll down and find the label "Windows specification"
- Check what is written in front of the Edition title
How to fix error 0xc004f050 if you have the standard Windows 11 Home edition:
- Type "check for updates" in Windows search
- Download and Install all updates
- Disconnect your device from the internet
- Now enter the generic upgrade product key "VK7JG-NPHTM-C97JM-9MPGT-3V66T"
- Restart your device
- After the upgrade is completed, enter the product key you have received after purchase for activation
If after the restart nothing changed, then please enter the product key again and it should work this time.
Note: ignore any error that shows up when you enter the key while you are disconnected from the internetIf you have other editions installed like Windows 11 Pro N, Windows 11 Home Single Language, Windows 11 Enterprise or etc, then you will need to do a clean installation:
Download link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows11
How to do a clean Installation Guide (Text): https://pureinfotech.com/clean-install-windows-11/
How to do a clean Installation Guide (Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nS8qXgT-Ko