Fortnite 12.40 Update Patch Notes: New Map Changes, Bug Fixes and more
Fortnite Update 12.40 has been released already and Fortnite didn't release its Patch Notes. But we were able to find patch notes from other sources that highlight all the major changes that were introduced and all the bugs that were fixed.
Full Patches of Update 12.40 (Credits: Newsweek)
- Spy Games Tech: Copycat your opponents, push through pain with Strong Resolve, or stock up mid-combat with Resupply. Unlock these new Tech upgrades and more by playing Spy Games today!
- Midas' room added to the Agent elevator.
- The Shark is now a prison.
- Fixed controllers not vibrating when taking damage
- Fixed Midas' golden touch not changing items gold
- Grenade reenabled
- Proximity Mines temporarily disabled
- Fixed being unable to interact with Ollie, preventing completion of Skye's Adventure Challenge.
- Fixed "Pull a player or Henchman with a Harpoon Gun" Challenge.
- Fixed Visualized Audio pulsing icons instead of being solid.
- Islands must now have at least one tag on them in order to be published.
- The phone can no longer interact with the rift console on Hub islands.
- Fixed an issue where islands with multiple Item Spawners and 20 more items stored experience severe time outs at the start of the game.
- Props in the island border that are deleted will no longer reappear after reloading the island.
- Fixed an issue where asymmetric team rotation could fail if all players on the smaller team left the game before all rounds were complete.
- Vehicles no longer continue to move after the player exits them after coming to a complete stop.
- Fixed an issue with Perception Trigger device sometimes losing track of players riding a vehicle.
- Fixed an issue with multiple invisible devices appearing visible when scrubbing on replays.
- Fixed an issue where the Capture Area device zone is inaccurately scaled in replays.
- Fixed an issue where the Objective device UI displays inconsistently after scrubbing in replay
- Fixed an issue where the minigame round ends in draw after the spawn pads are destroyed and the player is damaged, with 'Only Allow Respawn if Spawn Pads Found' set to On.
Fixed an issue where players would be able to respawn in between rounds, allowing them to move freely before the next round started and bypass barriers.
Fixed an issue where lobby music would start, and continue, playing after finishing a round.
Weapons + Items
- Fixed players remaining inside Sneaky Snowman and Creepin' Cardboard when returning to the hub or starting a minigame while hiding in one.
- Fixed an issue where players wearing a Sneaky Snowman prior to starting a game, would retain the hidden state when the game started.
- Fixed an issue where the cannon would show 1 million shots in the clip and would reset every time the player started using the cannon.
- Fixed an issue where the ammo counter for the cannon is inconsistent.
Creative Tools + Phone
- Made items added to the quickbar from the drill-in menu always get spawned grid-aligned. Items copied from the world, even copied to the quickbar from an in-world item, still retain the alignment of the copied item.
- Fixed an issue where deleting an asset with the phone tool will play a destruction effect.
- Fixed an issue where items spawning from the Quickbar do not respect Grid Snap.
- Fixed an issue where prefabs and galleries cannot be placed from the Creative Inventory.
- Fixed an issue where the player cannot fly downward in air while in build mode.
- Fixed an issue where devices are added to the Quickbar instead of the Creative Inventory slots by default.
- Fixed an issue where players would lose access to Drag and Drop items into their Quickbar.
- Fixed an issue were Destruction visual effects would play when deleting items with the phone tool.
Prefabs & Galleries
- Added the Jungle Hut and Jungle Roast to the Jungle Temple Prop Gallery.
- Added more Durrr Burgers and Pizza Petes to the Diners Prop Gallery.
- Fixed an issue with the Door Gallery, where assets were spawning outside of the preview volume.
- Fixed an issue with the sandcastle from The Shark Prop Gallery from having a purple color mixed material.
- Fixed an issue where some walls in the Jungle Temple Gallery were displaying the wrong materials.
- Fixed an issue where the assets from the Door Gallery spawn outside the previewed boundary box.
- Fixed an issue where Button devices would not appear in the Channel Browser
- Fixed an issue where the Mutator Zone / Elimination Volume would not trigger for a player spawning in it at the start of a minigame.
- Fixed an issue where the Class Selector would not activate if a player spawned on it during a minigame.
- Fixed an issue where the Team Settings device would not award items to players once they switched away from a team then back to that team.
- Fixed an issue where the Class Designer would not award items to Join in Progress players when Grant on Respawn was set to Off.
- Fixed an issue where the Class designer settings for 'Player Names and Location' are not overriding the general settings.
- Fixed an issue where extremely large numbers of Item Spawners with lots of items in each could cause the client to freeze when first spawning in.
- Fixed an issue where changing 'Revert to Default Class At' to either 'End of Game' or 'End of Round' prevents devices from triggering when a player of a designated class is eliminated.
- Fixed an issue where the Mutator Zone activations VFX occurs multiple times while firing an explosive weapon.
- Fixed an issue where placing a 'Player Spawn' pad with spawn location setting as 'Current Location' will spawn players either on top of the pad or in the sky.
- Fixed an issue where the Sequencer would not trigger a Trigger Device occasionally.
- Fixed an issue where entering a mech immediately before a game started would put players into a broken state.
- Fixed an issue where the "Show Cumulative Scoreboard" and "Show Cumulative Score on HUD" settings conflicted which caused HUD scores to show Game values under the Round label and inflated, incorrect values under the Game label.
- Added a tag for Seasonal: Spring Prefabs & Galleries and moved the Seasonal: Winter tag further down the list.
- Fixed an issue where player cannot scroll down after selecting the settings cog wheel on devices when using the controller
- Fixed an issue where the game timer appears multiple times in the Map Screen.
- Fixed an issue where the Island Watermark is still visible when 'Show Island Code Watermark' setting is set to Off.